Tuesday, October 11, 2011

QQC 3 Mindset of Champions

"In some cultures, people who tried to go beyond their natural talent through training received sharp disapproval. You were supposed to accept your station in life. "

This quote was very odd to me, I wonder what cultures they feel like that (it didn't list any) and why would they feel like that? I mean, I guess I see what they are saying, but why wouldn't you push yourself when you are able to? No one would be nearly as good as athletics today if it wasn't for hardcore training and pushing yourself, no one wants to push themselves but they know its worth it in the end.

"Character, heart, the mind of a champion. It's what makes great athletes and its what comes from the growth mindset with its focus on self development, self-motivation, and responsibility"

This quote tied the whole story together nicely. I'm guessing that the point YOU are trying to make is that we all need to push ourselves in math (because math is a sport...) in order to succeed, giving up will get you know where, but you have to learn from your mistakes and grow rather than shut down and give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment